Masala Dosa | Dosa Recipe | Masala Dosa Recipe
Masala Dosa is very tasty, easy to make in less oil, but is a food rich in carbohydrates and protein. In almost all cities, dosa is found in South Indian restaurants with its traditional taste and aroma.
Dosa is made in many ways, such as plain dosa, masala dosa, paper dosa, and paneer dosa. Dosa and Sambar, you can have your lunch or dinner at any meal or for breakfast on holiday, you will always like it. You can eat it with sambar, coconut chutney, peanut chutney, so let’s start making masala dosa.
- To prepare the mixture for the dosa
- Rice – 3 cups
- Urad Dal – 1 cup
- Fenugreek seeds – a small spoon
- Baking Soda – 3/4 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – to roast dosa
To prepare the masala for the dosa
- Potatoes – 400 grams (6-7 medium size)
- Peas – a small bowl (peeled green grains)
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Rye – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric – 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Green chili – 2-3 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 1/2 inch long piece (grated)
- Salt – As per taste (3/4 teaspoon)
- Mango powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chili – less than a quarter teaspoon
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
How to make Masala Dosa
- Clean the urad dal and fenugreek, wash and soak it in water for 4 hours or overnight.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice in the same bowl for the same time.
- Take out the water from the soaked lentils and after adding less water, grind the urad dal methi in a big vessel and take it out in a big pot, using the same amount of water, grind it a little thicker, mix both and so thick The batter is ready.
- Make sure that it should not fall as a sharp edge when dropped with a spoon.
- To ferment the mixture, add salt and baking soda, cover and keep it in a warm place for 12-14 hours, the fermented mixture is swollen and doubled as before.
- This mixture is ready to make dosa.
Seasoning for Dosa
- Boil the potatoes, cool them, peel them and break them into fine pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add mustard seeds in the hot oil, add turmeric powder and coriander powder, add green chillies, ginger and fry for 1 minute, add peas and 2 tablespoons water, cover and cook till the peas become soft.
- Add potatoes, salt, mango powder and red chili powder to this spice and fry it for 2 minutes. Turn off the fire and add green coriander. The masala is ready for the couple.
- If you want to add onions, finely chop 1-2 onions and add ginger, green chillies and fry them till they turn light pink, mix everything else and make spices.
- Stir the mixture with a spoon, if it seems too thick add some water (the mixture should be slightly thinner than the pakoras solution).
- Place non-stick griddle or heavy iron pits on the fire, when the griddle is hot, turn the flame to medium, then wipe the pan with a bit of oil on the griddle with the help of thick wet cloth. (The griddle is just greasy, no oil is visible).
- Fill a tablespoon of the mixture and pour it into the center of the pan and spread the spoon into a circular shape, making it 12-14 inches in diameter. Add a little oil around the couple with a spoon.
- Bake the dosa on medium and high flame, when the top surface starts to look brown then the bottom surface becomes brown, now spread 1 or 2 tbsp of potato masala over the dosa and lift the dosa from the side. Spatula.
- Fold it, lift it from the pan and place it in a plate. Masala Dosa is ready. Before putting the second dosa on the grate, wipe the pan well with a wet thick cloth, do not heat the tava, the dosa can be cooled easily by spreading it, spreading the tava, take out the spoon for another two And remove.
- Add the mixture and the pan but spread it thinly, repeat it in the same way for frying, both have to be made the same way.
- Serve with hot garam masala dosa, sambar and peanut sauce and eat.
To make plain dosa
Spread the mixture on the hot griddle like above, do not put potato masala over the dosa, lift it from the sides with plain dosa and fold and serve.
For Paper Dosa
For paper dosa, the mixture has to be diluted more than the plain dosa, this mixture has to be spread very thin on the pan and fry it like a plain dosa.
For Paneer Dosa
Grate the paneer, add salt and chopped coriander as per taste and mix it instead of potato masala, add 1 tablespoon cottage cheese over the dosa and serve by turning the dosa in the same manner.
Tips for making Crispy Masala Dosa
- Before spreading the dosa, wipe the griddle with a thick cloth, so that the grill clears and cools slightly.
- The tava should not be heated before spreading over the dosa pan. If the tava is too hot, your dosa will not spread thin and become crisp.
- As the dosa spreads well, increase the flame slightly so that the dosa becomes crisp.
- Before turning the dosa, fry it until the bottom layer turns brown.